Currently accepting applications for the 23-24 school year and the 24-25 school year
How to Apply
Once you submit your application you will be entered into a lottery for each of the schools you chose. The lottery results will be available and made public on March 7, 2024, at 4pm and will be sent to you via your preferred communication method.
If you submit an application after March 1, 2024, your application will be placed in line in the order that it was received.
The school(s) you applied to will contact you when they have available space.
You will either be made an offer or be placed on a waitlist. You can receive multiple offers, but you can only accept one of the offers.
Once you accept an offer, the system will automatically decline all other offers that you may have. You can, however, remain on a waitlist while accepting a seat at another school. If you are made an offer from the waitlist at a later date, you can accept that offer but you will be removed from any other school that you previously accepted a seat with. The system will only allow you to hold one seat at a time.
Once you accepted your seat, you will receive registration instructions through text and email. You will complete your registration with the one school that you have selected.
Académie Lafayette: PK‑12th grade
Academy for Integrated Arts: PK‑6th grade
Bare Essentials Childcare Center: Infant‑PK
Brookside Charter School: PK‑8th grade
Brown’s Christian Academy & Preschool: Infant‑PK
Citizens of the World: PK‑8th grade
Cristo Rey Kansas City: 9‑12th grade
Crossroads Charter Schools: PK‑12th grade
DeLaSalle Education Center: 9‑12th grade
Della Lamb: Infant‑PK
Each One Teach One Learning Center, LLC: Infant‑PK
EarlystART Preschool Program: Infant‑PK
Emmanuel Family & Child Development Center: Infant‑PK
Ewing Marion Kauffman School: 5th‑12th grade
Genesis School: PK‑8th grade
Gordon Parks Elementary: PK‑4th grade (Year round)
Guadalupe Centers Schools: PK‑12th grade
Hogan Preparatory Academy: PK‑12th grade
Hope Leadership Academy: K‑4th grade
Kansas City International Academy : PK‑8th grade
Kansas City Girls Preparatory Academy: 5th‑9th grade
Kids In Christ Academy, LLC: PK
KIPP: Endeavor Academy: PK‑11th grade
Lee A. Tolbert Community Academy: PK‑8th grade
The Plaza Academy: 7th‑12th grade
University Academy: PK‑12th grade
- Académie Lafayette: PK‑12th grade
- Academy for Integrated Arts: PK‑6th grade
- Brookside Charter School: PK‑8th grade
- Citizens of the World: PK‑8th grade
- Cristo Rey Kansas City: 9‑12th grade
- Crossroads Charter Schools: PK‑12th grade
- DeLaSalle Education Center: 9‑12th grade
- EarlystART Preschool Program: Infant‑PK
- Ewing Marion Kauffman School: 5th‑12th grade
- Emmanuel Family & Child Development Center Preschool Program: Infant‑PK
- Gordon Parks Elementary: PK‑4th grade (Year round)
- Guadalupe Centers Schools: PK‑12th grade
- Hogan Preparatory Academy: PK‑12th grade
- Hope Leadership Academy: K‑4th grade
- Kansas City International Academy : PK‑8th grade
- Kansas City Girls Preparatory Academy: 5th‑9th grade
- KIPP: Endeavor Academy: PK‑11th grade
- Lee A. Tolbert Community Academy: PK‑8th grade
- The Plaza Academy: 7th‑12th grade
- University Academy: PK‑12th grade
Schools that Have Opted-Out
Allen Village Charter School
All Kansas City Public Schools
Frontier School of Innovation – Elementary
Frontier School of Excellence
Frontier School of Excellence – Middle
Frontier STEM High School
Scuola Vita Nuova
- Allen Village Charter School
- All Kansas City Public Schools
- Frontier School of Innovation – Elementary
- Frontier School of Excellence
- Frontier School of Excellence – Middle
- Frontier STEM High School
- Scuola Vita Nuova
2024-2025 School Year
Application Opens: November 11, 2023
Attend School Saturday: January 27, 2024. Tour schools and meet school staff at participating local schools.
Submit Applications: by March 1, 2024
Receive Offers: by March 7, 2024 @ 4pm
Select One School*: by March 14, 2024 *families may choose to remain on waitlists
SchoolAppKC streamlines the school application process for families in the Kansas City Public School boundaries. It is a special project of Show Me KC Schools, a nonprofit with a mission to help parents understand their school options, in partnership with a number of local Kansas City organizations committed to educational equity.
Year 1 Data Review
In year one, 6,627 unique students participated in the SchoolAppKC process. This report outlines the findings for the entire first year of SchoolAppKC from December 3, 2018 – October 4, 2019.
Year 2 Data Review
In year two, 2,785 unique students participated in the SchoolAppKC process. This report outlines the findings for the second year of SchoolAppKC from November 9, 2019 – March 1, 2020.
Year 3 Data Review
In year three, 3,516 applications were submitted through SchoolAppKC. This report outlines the findings for the entire third year of SchoolAppKC from November 14, 2020 – February 22, 2021.
Years 1-3 Interactive Data
SchoolAppKC Community Partners
Education is a vital part of our community. We endorse SchoolAppKC because we believe that education should be easily accessible to all families in Kansas City. As a community partner that works to improve educational outcomes, we believe that SchoolAppKC is an important step to achieve this goal.